how to ·
How To: remove and Re-Install the Battery
While you can charge your battery by plugging it in via the front mod mount, there may be times when you need to remove it to charge it or replace it. Here is a guide on how to safely remove and install your MODMO battery.
What you will need:
- The key to your battery lock
Remove the battery
You can access and remove the battery from your MODMO ebike either by laying the bike down sideways or by flipping the bicycle upside down, and removing it from the bottom of the frame.
NOTE: Be mindful of the points at which your bike touches the ground, putting fabric or padding under them to avoid any scratches.
You will need the key that you received with your ebike to open the battery cavity.
To remove the battery:
- Remove the side screw with the 2.5mm Allen key by turning it anti-clockwise.
- Flip open the protective cap and insert the key, turning it anti-clockwise.
- With one hand lift the handle while holding the key in the unlocked position, at the same time with the other hand use the Allen key (or any tool with a small surface) to press down the spring pin located at the bottom of the downtube.
- Pull the battery out of the frame.
- The first time you do this may be a little tricky so take your time.
Re-Install the battery
To put the battery back in again:
- Insert the battery into the downtube. Ensure that the spring pin is facing the front wheel of the bike.
- Turn the key anti-clockwise while simultaneously pressing the spring pin with the Allen key so the battery can lock into the correct position.
- Shut the battery cap handle down to its default position, remove the key, and close the lock cap. Check that the battery is firmly in place by making sure that there is no gap between the frame and the cap and that the battery cannot be removed by pulling the handle. Insert the side screw using the 2.5mm Allen key by turning it clockwise.
*See owners manual for more detailed instructions with images.