When you receive your MODMO ebike, you will need to install the pedals yourself using the tools that are provided with the bike.
What you will need:
- 15mm wrench
Install the pedals
To install the pedals:
- First identify which pedal goes on which side by checking the top bar for an “R” or an “L” - R for right and L for left. This is very important as using the wrong pedal will damage the thread. The pedal with R on it goes on the side that is to your right when you sit on the bike, and the L goes on the left.
- Use a bit of grease on the thread before winding it in.
- Install the right pedal on the right crank arm. Use your hands to turn it clockwise, then use the 15mm wrench to tighten the pedal firmly- there is no need to tighten too hard, as the threads on the pedal axle are designed to apply torque as you’re biking.
- Install the left hand side pedal on the crank arm. The procedure is exactly the same except for one thing - this pedal installs anticlockwise. Again, tighten only slightly using the wrench.
Remove the pedals
To remove the pedals:
- Use the same 15mm wrench to loosen them while using your other hand to hold the crank arm steady.
- On the right hand side, turn the wrench anticlockwise to loosen the pedal.
- On the left hand side turn the wrench clockwise.
- Use your hands to take the pedals off the crank arms.